Friday 20 June 2014

Sofa to Half Marathon......


I don’t even know where to begin with this one… We are casually sitting there last night watching the footie and Mr D starts looking at dates and getting excited that we have a free weekend at the end of September that is also the same weekend that the Bristol Half Marathon is on. I casually tell him that he is mad as it’s just a few weeks away and how I have slight running envy as I’ve aimed to complete one so many times its just stupid to which he responded “Ooo don’t worry I am entering you as well”

 

So there we have it….. In 12 odd weeks I am “running” (I say this loosely as its more like a walk run scenario) 13 bloody miles! Mr D is telling me to look at it as a fun run (to be honest I am not sure how 13 miles is fun!) and just go with it. He’s promised me that we are doing it together and he will stick with me so that’s reassuring but it doesn’t stop the fear!

 

Aside from that he stupidly mentioned last week that we should “dress up” I don’t know how we got on to that conversation but I am kind of tempted to hold him to it… Not sure what look to aim for but some I’ve found are:
 
Fred & Wilma?
 

 
 
Peter Pan & Tinkerbell?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message xxx