Friday 27 June 2014

Taking the One Piece Plunge.....

Blogisphere…… I have a dilemma. We quite often take the little one swimming and a bikini is just not suitable for a 2.5year old swimming trip. More often than not he’s grabbed it holding on and we have a flashing scenario on a busy Saturday afternoon. So I have decided that I need to invest in a cozzie…..
 
I don’t know about anyone else but when I think of a one piece I think of unflattering number and it really does just put me off the idea so I had a little hunt around and it is proving impossible. I can either find something super slinky and will pose all the same issues of a bikini or the complete opposite.
 
I had a little rummage on Asos and found these all under £30.00. I would love to hear your thoughts.
 
Costume 1
This is how I envisige a swimming costume. It takes me back to my school days. Whilst it maybe practical, I am not sure how flattering it is 
 
 
 
Costume 2
I think this is gorgeous. But is it really suitable for the local lesiure centre on a family swim session? Plus you need a super flat tum
 

 
Costume 3
Just like the costume above, I think this is gorgeous. But I am not convinced it is toddler proof in a swimming pool situation
 
 
Costume 4
I do like this one below, but not sure if it is too much lepoard print for one day and there is something mumsy about it.  
 
 
Costume 5
There is something cute about the polka dots on this, but again I feel like it is too spotty
 
 
 
Maybe I am uber fussy or is there just a lack of swimsuits out there? I’m reaching out to you all for inspiration and ideas….There must be something out there for a 30 year old who wants to look stylish whilst being practical?

4 comments:

  1. To be honest if you're swimming with a toddler then practical rules! I'd go for number 1, I think it's nice, or number 5 if you want pretty (it's lovely!) and save the other types for the beach! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It is hard finding one that isn't so blocky or such an extreme.... I did like number 5 as well

      Delete
    2. I've just had a look on Next website and they've actually got some really nice ones for under £30 too x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a message xxx